- January 4-30th, 2013
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
**Dates and times are subject to change
- 918 Bathurst Street
The best work is often the result of an intense and in depth period of concentrated effort. This is also the way an actor makes significant gains in his overall abilities. If you’ve acted in the theatre, for example, you know how great a distance you travel and how much you progress in a 3 – 4 week rehearsal period. An acting intensive can have the same rewards.
The Intensive acting class at Centre for the Arts is designed for you to progress beyond what you thought possible and to do so in a short period of time. Over four weeks this January, working four days a week and six hours each day, you’ll work with a small handful of like-minded actors to develop your skills in working effectively – and successfully – in front of the camera.
In this class you’ll work with current film and television screenplays and master today’s realistic acting style. We’ll explore and work under typical filming conditions and learn to develop the strong personal centre that’s required. We’ll also explore in depth the audition, and how to master it.
We’ll work to develop your individual acting style and help you understand what you have to offer and how the camera perceives you. We’ll address all the questions you have about the work and becoming the actor you want to be. Another important benefit is having the time to be “relentless” – to work a scene or address an acting problem you may be facing over and over again until you’ve broken through. You’ll benefit as well from the familiarity of working with the group day after day. The need to “get it right” and impress your peers will drop away allowing you to access the skills you know you have.
- work on a feature scene over the entirety of the four weeks, to be presented on the final day of class
- work typical TV series’ scenes each class, in addition to his/her feature scene
- begin the Intensive with the necessary basics: maintaining privacy within a scene, playing naturally, revealing, learning to work step-by-step
- run “icon drills” focusing on typical beats and moments we play in the movies
- meet with a TV series writer to discuss the actor’s job in a scene, types, network demands, advertisers and demographics
- learn to work with words, images
- put the work in an audition setting
- put the work on set, with a guest cinematographer, Exterior and Interior shoots
- end the Intensive by returning to the basics, reviewing key concepts and examining what tools are most helpful in regards to the work
- all work is recorded on personal DVD’s, which each actor will receive on the final day
- lots and lots of on-camera time!
Course Fees and Registration:
- $1,695 ($1,500 + HST)
- A $250 deposit is due upon registration.
- Balance is due January 3rd, 2013.
- All fees are payable through: email transfer email@example.com
PayPal, cheque, or cash
- No refunds or money transfers towards other classes
- Mail cheques to:
14 Afton Avenue
- Auditors are welcome to attend
- Contact John Boylan:
- Please be sure to include your: